St. Francis House is a special place to volunteer your time and give back to your community. And luckily, we have plenty of opportunities available! Most opportunities require a 4-6 hour commitment once or twice a week.
Typical Hours: Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm, Friday 10am-9pm and Saturday 10am-3pm
Receiving donated items (you will be working with our staff)
- Sorting (you will be working with other volunteers with experience)
- Stocking and restocking clothing bank
- Registration/Client Intake Interviewing (Tue/Thu 10:30-2:30, Fri 6:30pm-9pm)
- Testing small appliances/assisting with handyman skills
- Transporting donated items to and from the clothing bank
- Special areas: linens (sorting linens, blankets, and towels), shoes, forklift (once a week – requires forklift license), ground and building maintenance, toys and baby clothes.
- Answering the phones, assisting clients, and filing.
- Currently looking for someone to help on Fridays
- Helping with the Back-to-School Program (July–Aug)
- Christmas Elves: helping with making Christmas gift baskets (Oct-Dec)
- Garage Sale Kings and Queens (organize garage sales – several times/year)
Evening Meal Program (5:00-7:00pm)
- Helping with setup and clean-up
- Assisting with serving meals
- Acting as “Hanneh’s Helper”, one night a week (Hanneh is our Meal Program Coordinator)
- Security Guard
The Nook (Wed – Sat: 12-5pm)
Working at our wonderful charity boutique
Retail experience preferred
- Friend/Fund Raising
- Special event and project assistance
- Assist with our mailings
- ESL student teaching
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Application Form below and drop it off at St Francis House. We are located at 322 7th St SE, Downtown Puyallup.